1) The Road by Cormac McCarthy. If you didn’t want to read it because Oprah told you to read it, now you can go ahead and read it because I told you to read it. I was already a huge fan of the Border Trilogy before this book even came out so I feel that I have a little bit of C-Mac cred.
2) Diet Dr. Pepper ice cream floats
3) pandora.com – it works best if you give it some specific songs rather than just a band name, and have a little bit of patience.
4*) sitting in a chair all weekend instead of going hiking or camping
5) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64 (or in my case the sixtyforce emulator for Mac)
6) Chicken Curry plate from Curry in a Hurry, Beef Brisket sandwich from Sugarhouse Barbecue Company, Torta from La Palapa Juice Bar
*I actually wish that I was able to do without #4, except for the fact that that would also do away with #s 1, 2, 3, and 5.
This morning I drove downtown and stood in a parking lot and watched a 20 story building explode, then drove back home and went back to bed. I went to the library and picked up all my holds, the music I feel duty-bound to document. I fell asleep reading John Ashbery. I finally decided to buy the more expensive mountain bike, but I can’t bring myself to go to the bike store and buy it. The new Smashing Pumpkins album is better than I thought it would be, but still not all that great. Right now some people I know are water skiing, along with some people I don’t know. A stranger wrote a kind comment on my blog, which made me feel embarrassed, and she left me no way to reply. My life never really changed. The blind date was better than I had feared it might be, but still not all that great. The new Interpol album sounds like sitting in a new Mercedes that is stuck in the mud, spinning out the wheels and splattering it everywhere. I’m starving, but I don’t feel like going to any of the restaurants and all I have at home is junk food. It is a beautiful day, but what would be the point of driving up any of the canyons? I need a new pair of shoes for work. I wish someone would get out of the car and push.